Research and Development Value Proposition:
• Dovelac® Nutritionals is a consumer-driven and clinically-focused R&D organization.
R&D organization with pediatric nutrition expertise:
• Early alignment provides seamless transition across development stages
• Scientific and medical expertise results in compelling brand proposition
• freshness index
OPO Triglycerides Technology
Closer to nature.
Breast milk is the best food for infants, it provides the optimal nutrients for the growth and development of babies. Fat is one the important components in breast milk that has a unique structure and serves a functional purpose.
More than 98% of this fat is in the form of triglycerides, the basic structure comprises a glycerol backbone attached to it 3 fatty acids in certain stereospecific locations (sn-1, sn-2 and sn-3).
More than 80% of breast milk triglycerides have the saturated palmitic acid at the sn-2 location, while unsaturated fatty acid oleic acid at the sn-1 and sn-3 locations, giving the structure of OPO triglyceride.
However, less than 11% of vegetable blend triglycerides have the OPO structure. The remaining triglycerides have the palmitic acid at either sn-1 or sn-3 or both positions (i.e. POP triglycerides).
This difference in palmitic acid placement on the triglyceride plays a crucial role in the digestion, uptake and metabolism of milk fat and calcium for infants and influence bowel function and stool characteristics.
Fat in Dovelax formula is special fat and has a high percentage of OPO triglycerides (more 75%), this unique type of triglyceride is a product of a patented technology and an award-wining ingredient in the NUTRA INGREDIENTS AWARD in 2018.
OPO triglycerides technology combined with GOS prebiotics have proven to provide the following:
– Softer stool than POP vegetable blend triglycerides containing formula
– 50% less calcium soaps formation
– 50% less infants reported to have hard stools
– Healthy gut bacteria with significantly larger number of lactobacilli than POP-containing formula
– Strong and healthy bones, and significantly higher bone mineral density than those fed POP-containing formula.
– 75% less crying.
– Better sleep.
– Better intestinal health.